How to Sow Dwarf Teddy Bear Sunflower Seeds
A unique and fascinating flower, dwarf teddy bear sunflowers are a stunning variety to grow at home. A fast growing annual, which features bright yellow, multi-petaled 4 to 6″ fluffy flowers, reaching a height of 45cm. Dwarf teddy bear sunflowers are easy to grow and they require very little maintenance. A beautiful plant, which will bloom all the way until the end of autumn. months after being sown, the whole sunflower is edible and can be used in a variety of ways.
Information on Sowing Dwarf Teddy Bear Sunflower Seeds
- Dwarf teddy bear sunflowers can be grown indoors, as they only grow to a height of 45cm. Make sure they get plenty of sunlight and warmth.
- If Sowing seeds directly outdoors, be sure to wait until the last frost has passed. The ground must be well worked, planting seeds around 1/4 inch deep. If planting indoors, use fresh compost, planting in pots or seed trays.
- Teddy bear sunflowers, can also be planted up until 100 days before the first frost in autumn.
- The germination period is between 14 to 21 days, keeping the soil moist, well drained and between 20 and 30C for the best results. Protect young plants from slugs and snails during this time.
- Once seedlings have reached a height of over 3″ they can be transplanted outdoors, or be left to grow on in pots.
- Once the dwarf teddy bear sunflowers blossom they can be harvested for consumption in a variety of ways including cooking, beverages and baking.