How to Sow Giant Green Broccoli Seeds
Giant green broccoli is a hardy green vegetable that produces a blueish green head with a final height of approximately 2 feet tall. This variety is hardy, fast-growing and straightforward to grow through summer and autumn, for a continuous crop harvest the heads. Leaving heads to seed makes for great healthy sprouts.
Guide for Growing Giant Green Broccoli from Seed
- Can be grown indoors in pots, containers and baskets in a location that will get enough light and warmth.
- The germination period takes between 7 to 10 days, then reaches full maturity about 90 days after planting.
- Sowing seeds at a depth of 1/8″ deep, covering the seeds with a layer of fine soil, keeping the soil moderately moist during the germination period.
- Sowing seeds with a spacing of 18 to 24″ and a row spacing of 24 to 36″ if you have enough room.
- Harvest the heads once big enough, this will give you a continuous crop of the summer through to autumn.