How to Sow Giant Gaillardia Garden Flower Seeds
Giant Gaillardia, also known as the blanket flower is native to North and South America which helps them be drought tolerant. A beautiful, reliable clump forming daisy type flower, with vivid red yellow and orange petals and a dark centre. Giant gaillardia flowers, will reach a fully grown height of 30″ which makes them perfect as a border flower.
Advice on How to Sow Giant Gaillardia from Seed
- Can be grown indoors in pots or containers, in an area that will receive lots of light and warmth. once established, gaillardia are tolerant to more varying conditions.
- Sowing seeds into fresh soil or compost at a depth of 1/16″ and barely cover the seeds, keeping the soil well drained.
- The germination period can take between 7 to 21 days with fertile well drained soil.
- Can bloom in the same year they are sown if planted early enough and will continue to bloom rapidly for approximately 8 weeks, if dead flowers are removed.
- Giant gaillardia love well drained fertile soil with a minimum of 8 hours of sunlight for the best results.