How to Sow Italian Parsley Herb Seeds
Italian parsley is a herb with dark green flat serrated leaves with a slight peppery taste and a great aroma. This herb is excellent to grow at home in the garden or in a window box and will provide a year long continuous crop and usually has a stronger taste than curly leaf parsley.
Italian Parsley Herb Seed Sowing Guide
- Can be sown indoors in pots or window boxes, given enough light will provide an abundance of leaves.
- Sowing directly outdoors waiting for the last frost to pass and that the soil is workable.
- The germination period takes between 18 to 24 days keeping the soil moist and well drained. To help speed up the germination period soak the seeds in warm water for 24 hours before planting.
- Sow thinly with a depth of 1/4″, a plant spacing of 6″ and a row spacing of 16 to 18″.
- Harvest leaves in the growing season to promote new growth and keep them in the sunlight for best results.