How to Sow Giant Lantern Habanero Chilli Seeds
Giant Lantern Habanero Chilli is a variety that matures slightly earlier than most other chillies and will be more productive in cooler weather conditions, producing lantern shaped fruits that a longer and more tapered and reach a length of 3 to 4″. The bright red colour, taste, texture and heat are all excellent, the heat measuring 150,000 AHU.
How to Grow Giant Lantern Habanero Chilli from Seed
- Can be sown and grown indoors in pots, containers or windowboxes in a location that gets plenty of light. Best on a windowsill with full sun.
- Sowing seeds directly outdoors after the last frost has passed and the ground is workable at a depth of 1/4″.
- The germination process takes between 10 to 21 days and is ready to harvest 100 days after planting.
- When seedlings get two pairs of leaves they can be transplanted to their final location.
- When the plant reaches 4″ in height thin to 18″ in a conservatory with a rootball 1/2″ below the roots.
- For best flavour Keep the soil moist and the soil feed with tomato fertiliser.