How to Sow Mixed Summer Sweet William Seeds
With light green leaves, and tall single showy flower heads, ranging through shades of white, pink, and red this Summer time mix has become a popular and eye catching addition to beds and borders. Easy go cultivate, this annual garden flower produces a sweet scent when flowering occurs in mid Summer. Spanning to approximately 50cm, the flowers can be adequately cut and added to vases; brightening up any room.
Growing Summer Sweet William Flowers from Seeds
- Sow seeds sparingly from early Spring in trays, or directly outdoors, for Summer time flowering. Ensure temperatures of between 18-25 degrees are maintained.
- Cover with 1-2 mm soil and firm down. Keep soil moderately moist during germination. Place in an area which is sun facing, or receives lots of sun.
- When seedlings are large enough to handle, transplant to trays and grow on or, if planted directly outside thin to 20 cm apart.
- Plant in full sun or partial shade however, they prefer a somewhat moist cool climate.
- Remove dead flowers to encourage second blooming.
- Will readily reseed itself, if allowed.