How to Sow Okra Clemons Spineless Seeds
Okra Clemons spinless is the most common and popular variety of okra due to how easy it is to sow and grow from seed. Okra is also known by a few different names including okro, ladies fingers and ochro. This plant will grow to a final height between 3 to 5 feet tall and will produce ridged spineless green pods that are 6 to 7″ long but are usually 3 to 5″. Okra will also bloom edible white petalled flowers with a white and black centre.
Okra Clemons Spinless Sowing Guide
- Can be sown and grown indoors but will require an area that has lots of sunlight like a windowsill or conservatory.
- The germination period takes between 10 to 14 days and will take between 55 to 65 days to fully mature.
- Sowing seeds in a location that has plenty of light, at a depth of 1/2″ deep and a plant spacing of 18 to 24″, keeping the soil moist and well drained. Do not allow the ground to become completely dry.
- Once the pods have grown 2 to 3″ they can be harvested for consumption, also once the flowers have fully bloomed they can be harvested.
- Harvest pods to encourage new healthy growth, best harvested while pods are still soft.